WHERE ARE WE?

Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5.30pm and Sunday 11am to 3pm
Shop 8 & 9, 575 - 577 Canning Hwy, Alfred Cove 6154
08 9317 7744

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In defense of the Fab Four!

So anyone who knows me, knows I love Sex and the City. It should therefore come as no surprise that I saw it for the second time on Sunday night. And loved it again!
But I have to say I'm a little disappointed in all the negative reviews it has been getting. Starting with the reviews saying that the girls are too old for the movie now!!! Why? I don't want to see them pretending to be young. I love that Miranda is finding herself in her career; I love that Carrie and Big are going through that 'we're getting comfy in our marriage' thing; I love that Charlotte is like every woman I know who is a mother (possibly without the designer threads while baking but still...); and I love that Samantha, who beat breast cancer, is now trying to 'beat' menopause with a little help from Suzanne Somers. I've watched them all get older but that hasn't changed the fun and the fashion. And as for those critics who panned the movie because there was no plot - its not meant to be a Shakespearean work of art people! It's meant to be fun, friends, and fashion - and in that case, it hit the mark. I don't want a realistic look at fashion - I want Carrie wearing amazing gowns while watching TV....I want crazy over-the-top dresses in the desert...and I really want access to that wardrobe.....ah dreams....

No comments:

Post a Comment