We're closing shop! Time for new adventures!
As this is going to be my last blog as Sorella Store, I make no apologies for the gushy content.
When I opened Sorella Store, I thought I knew what I was doing - starting a little boutique near to home stocking all my favourite labels (because really if you aren't going to carry all your fave labels, what's the point?!). Some things I got right, some things I didn't, and the learning curve was huge.
But when I think about what made Sorella Store a success, it actually has nothing to do with the business itself. It has everything to do with the people. The people I've met, the people I've worked with and the people who've supported me over the last five years.
Before I get into the 'goodbyes', there are some fashion wisdoms I feel I need to share.
* I will never wear MC Hammer pants again (that's a lie, I will but probably shouldn't)
* Any colour can be worn to weddings, it's all about how you carry yourself and the style (so unless you get married in a Vegas drive through chapel, dresses that only just cover your nether regions are NOT suitable for a wedding)
* Ignore labels and sizing- it's about fit and fabric.
* Fashion is meant to be fun. If it's not, you're doing it wrong.
* And finally, something my Mum taught me - just because you can, doesn't mean you should! (hhhhmmm I think there's something in that for us all)
And now for some thankyous and goodbyes:
To all the dedicated Sorella Store customers, you all rock! Thanks for shopping with us and telling your friends about us.
To Sarah and Kim, words can't express how much I appreciate you both, your incredible work and commitment to the store. Too much fun was had, and most certainly too much chocolate. I wouldn't have changed a minute of it. x
To all my new friends I made because of the shop, can't imagine life without you. Hope you hang around for my next adventures (there will be more than one!). You know who you are - love you lots. x
And finally to my family and dear friends.....I know you all thoughts I was nuts when I left the finance world to go into fashion, but you said nothing, brought me coffee and chocolate and champagne when required and supported me 100% over the last five years. Anytime you want to do something crazy and want help, I'm your girl. Love you with all my heart xx
My final words are be brave and follow your dreams, you never know what unexpected and fabulous paths they will take you down.